The Nobel Peace Prize medal depicts 3 naked men with their hands on each others shoulders.
- Fortune cookies were actually invented in America, not China!
- Of the 17,000+ words used by Shakespeare, more than 1,700 are recorded for the first time.
- During our lifespan the average human grows approximately 590 miles of hair. How do we know? Well, consider this, hair grows approximately 6″ annually and the average lifespan is 67.2 years. So we multiply: 6 x 100,000 x 67.2 = 40,320,000 inches = 636 miles. Hair growth is not uniform however this calculation would be a highly likely average.
- The reason firehouses have circular stairways is from the days when the fire engines were pulled by horses. The horses were stabled on the ground floor and soon figured out how to walk up straight staircases.
- A hurricane releases more energy in 10 minutes, than all the world’s nuclear weapons combined.
- The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.
- According to one study, 24% of homes with lawns have some sort of lawn ornament in their yard.
- 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321. Go ahead, grab your calculator and verify it.
- The Pentagon, in Arlington, Virginia, has twice as many bathrooms as is necessary. When it was built in the 1940s, the state of Virginia still had segregation laws requiring separate toilet facilities for blacks and whites.
- The chances of you dying on the way to get your lottery tickets is greater than your chances of winning.
- If you have three quarters, four dimes, and four pennies, you have $1.19.You also have the largest amount of money in coins without being able to make change for a dollar.
- Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people do. (Sorry for that news sis.)
- In ancient Egypt, Priests plucked every hair from their bodies, including their eyebrows and eyelashes.
- More people have a phobia of vomiting than death.
- The human brain holds between 1 and 7 terabytes (1 and 7 million megabytes) of data.
- Men buy an average of 3.4 pairs of underwear in a year.
- Testosterone in males decreases 10% every 10 years.
The monkey flower, looks like a monkeys face.
- The location of the Mars face on Mars matches the location of Stone Henge in England.
- Venus’s day is longer then its year.
- The rotation of the Earth will eventually slow down to match the moon. So they say.
- President George W. Bush was once a cheerleader! Give me a G-E-O-R-G-E!
- The most popular boy’s first name in the world is Muhammad.
- Sound does not travel in space.