Guys, keep in mind these are general topics and they may vary a bit with your sweetie, but I promise you…some way, somehow…they are a part of her.
And so they continue…
51. Gifts don’t always have to be fancy. Sometimes, a simple card that shows you didn’t forget the occasion means more than anything materialistic. It’s not what you spend– it’s the meaning behind it. Let us repeat: we really do love the little things you do for us!
53. If you don’t want us to think you’re a dog, don’t act like one. That means don’t hump our legs on the dance floor. And yes, your friends do say a lot about who you are. If they act like dogs, we’ll assume you all belong in the dog pound together.
54. You are sexy when you’re: shaving, fixing things, wearing a white T-shirt and jeans, driving, eating a peach, or holding a baby.
55. We do not grow and change through criticism (do you?).
56. We need to hear how you feel about us. Tell us and tell us often (but not 10 times a day, then we won’t believe you.)
57. Surprises, especially gifts for moi = more lovin’ comin’ your way.
58. Communication goes a long way. If you are having a bad day or are upset about something tell us. We are nurturers by nature so if you need to vent or just need a little space, let us know. You’ll be surprised by how understanding we can be; but take it out on us, and you’ll have another problem to add to your list.
59. We didn’t like frat boys when we were in college and now that we are older and wiser that has not made them anymore appealing.
60. We want to be the best thing that ever happened to you—and for you to recognize this.
61. Don’t put cologne/deodorant “down there” if you want us to go “down there”. It tastes like licking Windex (not that we have ever tasted Windex, but we can only imagine.)
62. We want to be more important than your job.
63. We like it when you tell us what you’re thinking, even if you don’t know yourself.
64. When you ask us if something is wrong and we say “nothing,” you better believe it’s not nothing. There is something wrong and we are just waiting for you to figure out what it is without us telling you.
65. Celebrating our anniversary, even if it’s only been a few months, earns major brownie points.
66. Compromising goes a long way. If we’re willing to sit through the game (and yes some of us may actually be into the sport/team) then we want you to “suffer” for our happiness too.
67. It’s best to consult your gal pals for gift ideas.
68. Yes we want to cuddle after sex. If we don’t we’ll tell you, but you sure as hell better try; and no, we don’t always want to spoon.
69. If we are special to you, we should always be greeted with kisses.
70. We like it when our is spontaneous and does things for us without being asked.
71. I might watch porn (with you)…sometimes; but If I don’t want to watch it with you, while we are together you probably should not watch it either (alone or with buddies). If we watch it together…see #79 for über important tip.
72. Time with you is much more valuable to us than more money.
73. We love grabbing your rear-end when hugging you.
74. We’ll admit sometimes it makes us nervous when you go out with the guys, so be the amazing guy you are and let us know you’re thinking of us. It’ll make us smile and prevent any arguments in the future when the boys want a night out.
75. Be a gentleman! That means pick us up for our date; come to our door, open the car door, hold open any/all doors, pull out our seat, and pour our first glass of wine. Prove to us that chivalry didn’t die with our parents’ generation.
77. It IS cheating as soon as you are doing something with her that you wouldn’t want us to see, hear, read, or otherwise know about!
78. For the record: we’d rather you break up with us than cheat.
79. DO NOT emulate anything you have seen in porn.
80. “Just Because” flowers are way better than “I’m Sorry” flowers.
81. Nice guys don’t finish last.
82. You do not need to have buns of steel.
83. Cheap-skate = deal-breaker.
84. You do not always have to pay for everything.
85. Not calling when you say you will…is the kiss of death.
86. It’s okay to leave a toothbrush and deodorant at our place.
87. Some of us have male friends who are either: 1) gay and are just like our girlfriend, or 2) like a brother to us. In either case, you have nothing to be concerned about.
88. Relationships take time and effort from both parties.
89. Real women are not like the ones portrayed in men’s magazines. You will not find us in the middle of a field straddling the hood of a car in camouflage lingerie for no apparent reason.
90. Just as men are natural in the hunt and pursuing…we like being pursued.
91. Manicures and pedicures are a woman’s gift to her fella. We love looking pretty for you. The time to worry is when we stop getting them for no clear reason (other than moving, renovation/yard work, or other tasks that will destroy them.)
92. We were falling in love with you long before we uttered the words. Waiting until we are “sure” is in our DNA. We don’t throw a “Hail Mary” in the first quarter (and you thought we didn’t know football.)
93. You ARE the best lover we have ever had. All others cease to exist when we are together.
94. Make us laugh, we are happy. Laugh at yourself and we are all yours.
95. We like to be kissed softly, not with an iron tongue.
96. “Wife Beaters” are not an adequate form of fashion.
97. Even though you are sometimes insensitive and hurt us, we still love you with everything we are.
98. Boobs bruise.
99. 2+ drinks = zero “O’s”
100. Harder does not mean faster.
There ya have it guys. Although you still may not completely understand the “ladies”, by now you should have clearer picture of where we’re coming from and how we think.
If you put any of these “things guys should know” into action and would like to share the outcome, please “Talk To Me” in the comment box below. You can post anonymously if you’d like.